Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

Last Tuesday Tristan and I packed up ourselves and the dog to drive to Utah.
We had just previously found out it was a 17 hour drive. We were hoping to cut out an hour or two. 17 hours later we pulled into Utah. No matter what we tried we couldn't shorten the time. And we almost got stuck in Albuquerque. At the gas station we lost the keys to the car! How is that possible?!! Worst part was that we only had a few minutes of light because the sun had already set. Turns out they had fallen out as we walked Thomas around a field for a potty break.

Once in Utah we tried to sleep, but as we are both combating colds, we couldn't get many hours in between coughing and sneezing. Yet we made a trip to Costco. There isn't one in OKC, so that was the first place we went.
Wednesday night we had Thanksgiving dinner with my family, which was fun but much smaller than usual. Which reminds me of a discussion we had...do you think they ever write "Wet Paint" in Braille...or does that defeat the whole purpose?
The next morning, Tristan joined our old singles ward for some Turkey football. Everyone was so surprised to see him. I wonder why they weren't surprised to see me? Curious. :)
That afternoon we had dinner with Tristan's parents and I can never get enough of the salad!!
On Friday we were up at 6am drive to Evanston, WY for a Christmas tree. My family likes them fresh. :) It was sunny and hardly any snow, but COLD!! And windy! They shimmied across some ice that turned out to be much stronger that we thought, but it was funny to see them do it anyways.


On Saturday we stayed for the BYU game. The first half I thought was awfully boring, but the last quarter was awesome! Especially since BYU won.
I don't think we will ever drive the whole way between UT and OK again. We stopped in Laramie for the night, and still the drive was just way too long. Suddenly I'm more fond of airplanes. :)

7 comments:

Skousen # 4 said...

Oh we are so sad we were not there but we will have a blast when you guys come out here and also in Utah. Lots of fun things planned.

Courtney said...

I'm sorry that you are now petless. I would be sad if I came home and my fish were gone. Maybe you and Tristan could get an Auggie.

tristanandtricia said...

Hey!! I could handle a fish! I'll have to think about that. :)

Abs said...

Ahh Auggie. What memories.

Abs said...

If you want, Squirt and I will write an ode to Feral...

tristanandtricia said...

Yes, yes!! Write an ode.

Abs said...

I'm not writing an ode until you leave some comments on my blog.