
I always thought that this was just a saying. It turns out that this is completely true. In our back yard we have an old post up that was once used to hang up wet clothes to dry. It was probably put up when the house was built. I started to dig it out thinking that it was probably only about a foot deep. I started to dig around the concrete and I kept digging and kept digging until the ground got too hard to dig and the thing still wouldn't move. I actually broke the pole off trying to push it over. We were left with this huge block of cement in the yard. We finally broke down and went to Sears to buy a sledge hammer. I went out there today and started pounding away at the cement block. The cement block broke easily enough and I thought to myself, "Nothing that good old fashion muscl

e can't take care of." I reached down to pull the pole out and it didn't move an inch. To make a long story short a humbling hour later I pulled out the tube. It turned out that it was cemented down 2 1/2 feet. I am sure that it made the original owners feel good to know that a tornado could tear the house apart but at least their clothes line would still be standing. Tristan (returning back to the gym with humility)
2 comments:
Hey Tricia and Tristan! We've increased the security on our blog, so now you have to be invited to view our blog (I know it's a pain). Could you send me your email address at dhdoney1@msn.com and we'll email you an invite. Looks like you guys are doing good! Thanks so much!
Way to go Tricia! Look at you using your muscles and showing that pole who's boss.
Post a Comment