Sunday, April 14, 2013

Couponing

Sorry, no pictures!
While all the boys sleep I'm sitting here after church watching "Extreme Couponing" on TLC. I can't help but feel like this show has something in common with "Hoarding: Buried Alive". We just want want want. Even if we don't need it. Sometimes these people get so obsessed with things, they don't realize they are hurting those closest to them. :( I am impressed with some people on the show, though! They do all this work and then donate everything to people in need. How awesome is that!!
I have to say though, that it seems if I try to get into couponing at all, I end up spending more money on things I probably wouldn't have bought anyways and did just because it cost less...that seems ridiculous. Now I decide what to buy, and then try and find coupons after for those particular items.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I totally agree! I find I spend more when I coupon, but I am an AVID price matcher...and every now and then I'll use a coupon or search online to print one for what I already need. Don't get me wrong, I admire the mad skills these couponers have...but I don't have the TIME or expertise to do all that and am happy with my short and effective price matching.