Monday, December 14, 2009

Which is Harder?


I was inspired to write this after reading my brother in-laws post about his wife's birthday. People often say "Wow that must be hard" when they find out I am in dental school.............you have how many finals?.....wow that must be hard. However, when they ask what Tricia does they respond "oh she's just a mom". I have never understood that reaction. Yes, dental school is hard and many times not enjoyable. Yes, double digit finals are horrible. However, I would still rather do that than do what she does. Tricia is at her job all day. She may get a nap here or there but for the most part it's a 24/7 job. She gets up with the baby during the night except the weekends which we split. All day she watches him trying to keep him from killing himself which he seems intent on trying to do. On top of that she takes care of the house which in and off itself is a never ending job. As soon as you move on to the next room the one you just cleaned is getting dirty again. She runs errands between nap times and Dr appointments. And the next day you get up and do it again. oh yea did I mention you get absolutely no recognition with this job? It often goes without thank you and the world looks at you as if you are lazy. So here's to you babe the hard worker in the family. I am glad its you and not me.

6 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a sweet post!!!

Perry's said...

i love that you recognize that it is hard work. Not many husbands see how hard it is to stay at home. You are a great man.:)

The Foys said...

What a nice husband and cute post!

Taylor Family said...

Props to you Tristan!! Awesome post!

Doney Days said...

Just wait 'til you have 4 kids! It's even crazier!!!! Great post Tirstan!

NYCmom said...

Amen. :) I think both jobs are hard. I also think having one kid feels just as hard as 3...because when you have only 1, you don't know what it's like to have more so it's the hardest thing you've ever done. With each kid you change and adapt and it always feels crazy. How's that for inspiring you to have more kids?? You guys are awesome T & T!