Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm the one

I'm the one who:
*needed something unusual to post about...just because I could
*picks up pennies
*hates sleeping alone
*eats chocolate chips straight out of the bag
*wears clothes out of fashion and doesn't realize it (or tries not to care because we can't afford the latest)
*is tired of her hair because it is untamable (not even stylists can give me useable advice)
*thought I was completely ready for the "natural mother" to kick in, only to realize I couldn't find my "natural mothering" gene and had to develop it from scratch
*was surprised by this last fact and thought it all came naturally
*can count to 99 in German and say a few words
*wonders if all the other mothers really have it all together and how they do it
*tried to learn the phrase "dirt bag" in every language
*loved the movie "Grease" for years
*discovered with my college roommates that if you mix one of each blueberry, cherry and rootbeer Jelly Belly's together, they taste like Red Vine licorice
*doesn't like when a good book comes to an end because I like to think the story continues
*doesn't understand the reason for mosquitoes
*laughs sometimes at inappropriate moments
*wants a bullet bike and snowmobile
*doesn't believe in aliens
*never wants to get into a proposition 8 argument because I know what I believe, and I know that they don't know what we know
*knows who I voted for in the presidential election
*hates being pushed for any reason, with words or physically
*despises solicitors and car salesmen and basically any salesman
*loves naps
*feels lucky and completely undeserving to be Gideon's mommy
*thought parenthood wouldn't be so hard
*eats the last bite of sandwich thinking it's smaller than it actually is, and ends up with half of it not fitting in my mouth and I have to stuff it in...and I hope no one just saw what happened
*is just realizing how much effort we need to put forth as a Latter-day Saint
*always has good intentions, and somehow they flop
*isn't offended when someone doesn't like my food
*looks angry or upset when really my face is just relaxed
*loves A&W Cream Soda and orange and grape Crush
*can't waste anything
*hates litter (not as in kitty litter)
*loves jigsaw puzzles
*hopes animals are in heaven
*can't understand why some people are mean on purpose
*recycles
*daydreams when I should be sleeping
*recently visited D.C. and was very proud of our country
*supports our troops but selfishly is glad Tristan isn't serving
*can't handle foreign food very well
*won't go in murky water because I saw Jaws when I was really little
*would rather leave than be left
*loves watching "America's Funniest Home Videos"
*no matter how had I try, can't take a quick shower
*is somewhat obsessed about having a clean house because it makes me feel good
*amazed at other moms that look amazing when I feel lucky to have even showered
*loves following instructions to assemble things from the store
*loves wrapping square/rectangular gifts
*could live off canned fruit
*loves potatoes in almost any shape or form
*could eat Jello for every meal for ever and ever
*loves the anticipation of opening gifts
*hates inconveniences, like living out of a suitcase
*thought dust from the ceiling was what made sleepies in your eyes
*often wears make-up to bed because I was too tired to wash my face
*cuts coupons like crazy, only to pull them out after their expiration date
*does the finances
*has no idea what escrow, etc. is and is scared to ever buy and sell a house without help. I just sign where they say and totally trust them
*is too kind to strangers
*hates when things are unfair, even if I am getting the better deal
*forgot
*can whip out a PB&J sandwich in 30 seconds with both eyes shut
*doesn't feel old enough to own a home and have a baby, but loves it all the same
*hates being left behind
*loves being an adult and not having to ask permission
*pushes people away but really wants them to stay
*absolutely loves being married to Tristan
*hated the dating scene on the most part
*isn't obsessed with the scale or my weight
*loves wave runners...talk about your leg workout!
*wonders if I'll be able to handle having an infant ever again
*drives so well (Tristan only agrees to an extent)
*loves when people are happy and good things happen to them
*was disappointed when Brad and Jennifer broke up
*has never gotten a ticket
*still misses Feral who ran away almost 2 years ago
*checks my email once an hour if I can
*believes a lot of things I see on the home shopping network, and is surprised to hear from friends they really don't work usually
*sometimes follows blindly
*can spell almost anything
*dominates at the Mad Gab game
*had a crush on Luke Skywalker when I was 12 and wrote him for his autograph
*is sensitive (bawls) to being yelled at by anyone
*has most my childhood stuffed animals and wonders why I can't bring myself to part with them
*wants to be a librarian
*hates having a job (unless it's in a flower nursery or library)
*felt tricked into the car I bought 4 years ago
*sometimes wishes I were Anne Shirley's friend
*tries to religiously keep a journal
*hates taking medicine unless I have to
*thought RedBull had alcohol in it
*is going through a smoothie phase
*wants to live when Laura Ingalls lived for a short time
*lives vicariously through others
*can't hear very well over background noise
*collects necklaces from places I've been
*loves gardening
*misses Utah weather
*knows all family's anniversaries and birthdays and remembers them the day after
*quits more often than I should
*wrote this
*is impressed if you read the whole thing

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm impressed that you wrote all that! I had forgotten about the red vine jelly belly's. Although you forgot that you are an amazing movie maker and prankster.

And you are a great mother! Trust me, I've had days where we all stay in our jammies and just watch movies because that's all I can seem to handle.

CandiShack said...

Tricia - you make me laugh! What a fun 'get to know you' post. No, other mothers don't have it all together. Maybe one out of 500. I think it would be fun to be Anne Shirley's friend, too. Or maybe just Anne. 'Kindred Spirits...' :)

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome post! And good to know we feel the same way about a lot of things :) I don't feel like I have it together at all as a mom, I wanted to cry on Sunday because my boys were annoying me so much at church. I told Nathan I no longer want to go to sacrament meeting because of them... How sad is that?!

Taylor Family said...

WOW!!! See you DO have time on your hands! ;) haha LOVE it all. You seriously need to live closer, we are SO much alike! We'll be out of town when you get here but can't wait to see you guys next week.

barbaraence said...

This post makes me miss you! Ken tells me that those moms that appear to have it all together and look like a million bucks don't spend enough time with their children. It may not be entirely true, but I tell myself it totally is true...although it is still rough running into "super mom" at the grocery store when I'm in my pajamas!

NYCmom said...

Aww Tricia...I love reading about you! Don't worry...I don't think the mothering thing comes naturally to anyone. Well, at least it hasn't to me. I think even when it appears to, it's just that those people are good actresses. It's something you can't prepare yourself for...how much you're going to love that kid and how hard it's going to be to be everything to him. I miss you!

The Clarke Clan said...

So cute!! I think you are way fun, and I love your perspective on life! Talia

Julie said...

Tricia!!
That was so fun to read. There is totally similarities where I thought-wow I am the same way like I can't take a short shower to save my life--I daydream :D That was funny and fun to read.

Julie