Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

To start off this Conference weekend I would like to give you another look into the life we lead here in Oklahoma. We were driving back home after a barbecue the other night. It wasn't dark but the sun was beginning to set and the lake looked like there was a thick fog over it. We were really surprised because it wasn't humid or anything. Later that night we decided to go on a walk before bed during we figured out what the "fog" was. It was DUST! You could smell it and taste it in the air!!! We have been having a little drought here and the high winds the last couple of days blew it all in. You can imagine how the dust bowl must have felt like.

Conference was great. We did our usual traditions. Tristan and I started a puzzle and painted our wooden eggs. Tristan did Snoopy, but can you guess what mine is????? Thats right...it's how I feel being pregnant. All BELLY! The yellow on top is my hair and you can see my teeny arms on the sides and my belly button down in front. :)

2 comments:

NYCmom said...

Ok Tricia...I can't read your blog! Please change the font color :) Or I can just continue to highlight everything so I can read it. I like your eggs...those are cute! Are you about ready to pop???

Erin Hughes said...

Cute! I like that tradition. Doug and I went to the home of a friend of his, Ray and Holly. They hosted a Sunday morning session breakfast for a few friends. It was WAY fun... everyone was in their pjs!
It was really great to watch conference with Doug... his first conference as a member of the church!